This policy enables researchers to conduct small-scale research activities of the highest quality, that enable them to bid successfully for larger-scale or small scale funding, and/or to generate publications, and/or to contribute materially in other ways towards the research objectives of their institution.
SVDU has awarded SIRO Certificate from Department of Science and Industrial Research, New Delhi, in April 2016. From then we are eligible to get research funds from any of national and international funding agencies by filing extramural research projects.
The primary objective of the proposed Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Research Funding Scheme is to motivate the faculty members of Sumandeep Vidyapeeth to undertake quality research, consultancy and other related activities
Sumandeep Vidyapeeth categorized two types of research projects as per their research budget. Namely, ‘Major’ Research Projects having budget more than INR 25,000/- while the ‘Minor’ Research Projects of which budget is less than INR 25,000/-.
As per above procedure (Section-3.2), PI can apply for ‘SVDU-Funded Research Scheme’. The general guidelines for the SVRGFC funding is as mentioned below:
- Any staff member will be permitted two projects in a year under such scheme. These projects may also include UG/PG/PhD project, but must be submitted by faculty/guide as PI, NOT by student/scholar. Funding is subjected to be approved by internal and external review panel.
- If proposed project work found under act of plagiarism, all benefits of scheme will be withdrawn and amount deducted from salary and further the faculty subjected to disciplinary action as per university rule.
- The faculty or research scholar is motivated to present work at nationaland international level.
- Allocated budget will be utilized for on following heads:
- Revenue account- Research projects (staff, chemicals, travel)
- Capital account
- Equipment, accessories
- Specific lab development
- Renovation of existing labs/infrastructure
- University will provide financial support to the research projects up to Rs. 20 lakhs as the upper limit of funds. All high end research projects should be submitted for extramural funding. For those extramural research projects, university will provide 10% seed money to PI in the beginning for smooth execution of the project and to avoid unnecessary waiting of the results.
- If the project is approved by external agency, it will be further funded through external agency but if project does not get the extramural fund then university will provide the financial assistance up to the upper ceiling amount i.e. 20 lakhs. However, SVRGFC may sanction research fund more than 20 lakhs exceptionally to the quality research projects after getting its review from external & internal experts of such research area.
- All Institutes are required to submit utilization report of their allocated research budget to the Research Cell on half yearly basis in the standard format. This shall be included the fund disbursed in the current financial year as well as utilization of that budget in the respective heads of Research (i.e. funded projects, salary of staff, RIC, faculty development, others research activities)
* Framed on 1st August 2015
* Amended on23rd Nov 2015 and 10th June 2017