Seat Availability: 120
Duration of the course:Duration of the B.P.T. course will be four & half calendar years including Six Months compulsory Rotatary Internship.
The curriculum has following overall objectives:
A student at the end of the course shall:
- Have a humane and rational approach in use of the scientific and artistic knowledge to solve problems in Physiotherapy related to health, habilitation & Rehabilitation.
- Interact with interdisciplinary groups at various levels for co-operation and collaboration to reach overall health objectives set by Physiotherapy.
- Learn to participate and promote research activities to contribute both to the society and to the field of Physiotherapy.
- Assume the responsibilities for the personal and professional development and for the administration of Physiotherapy services.
- Apply moral and ethical principles while making decisions in the practice of Physiotherapy.
A candidate applying for the degree of B.P.T. being eligible for admission to the Physiotherapy College, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth must have:
- Passed the higher secondary examination of twelfth standard in science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English) conducted by the Gujarat secondary education board or its equivalent examination with recognized board.
- Completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete this on 31st December of the year of his / her admission to the course.
Seat Availability 3 Per Guide
Duration of the course:Duration of the M.P.T. course will be two calendar years.
- Acquire the in – depth knowledge of structure and function of human body related to the respective branch of specialty.
- Acquire the in – depth knowledge of movement dysfunction of human body, cause thereof & principles underlying the use of physiotherapeutic intervention for restoring movement dysfunction towards normally.
- Demonstrate ability to make clinical decision & select appropriate outcome measures based on the comprehensive knowledge of theoretical aspects of specialty.
- Demonstrate ability to critically appraise recent physiotherapeutic and related medical literature from & journals & adopt diagnostic & therapeutic procedures based on it.
- Demonstrate proficiency in planning and executing physiotherapy services and teaching technology skills.
- Demonstrate managerial and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of legislation applicable to compensation for functional disability & appropriate certification.
- To inculcate appropriate professional relationship in multidisciplinary set-up patient management & co-partnership basis.
- Physiotherapy in Neurological Conditions and Psychosomatic Disorders
- Physiotherapy in Musculoskeletal Disorders and Sports Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy in Sports
- Physiotherapy in Cardio-respiratory disorders and intensive care
- Physiotherapy in Community Health
- Physiotherapy in Pediatrics
- Physiotherapy in Geriatrics
- Physiotherapy in Women’s Health
The candidate should have passed Bachelors in Physiotherapy (B.P.T.) from Recognized University & Institute.