- University Level Activities
Free Treatment of Patients
- The University has provided Medical Services at discount rates to non affording on OPD IPD Consultation, Bed/Room, Investigation/Procedure/OT charges amounting to Rs. 554.51 lakhs. All indoor patients are provided Free Food as per the direction of nutritional requirement.
- As part of social responsibility university provides support to needy school going children in kind by providing them free School uniform as per the requirements to government primary school, pipriya students. This bring scene of belongingness, equality discipline etc. This also brings the sense of identity with institution.
- During the first half of year 2016-17 university provided financial support amounting to Rs. 41.67 lakhs to 466 Jain students (low income group- less than 1.80 lakhs/PA)from adjoining areas for educational purpose,: in the form of tuition fees, school uniform, books etc.
- The university also runs a scheme named Gyanvardhak Scholarship: under this scheme children of university employees are being provided scholarship for studies. During the first half of year 2016-17, 167 children of employees of SVDU were provided support amounting to Rs. 2.04 lakhs.
Day observations of Different day of National Importance
- The other approach university has adopted to engage faculty and students is celebrating different day of National importance at university and community level. The University Always celebrates 15th August “The Independence Day” and 26th January “The Republic Day” at university.
Celebration of different day of public health importance
- Awareness programs: SVU and its various faculties routinely conduct these programs at community, university, and faculty or at departments during the year. some illustration are as under
- World TB day; World Asthma Day; World No Tobacco Day; World Health day; World Heart day; World Mental – Health day; COPD day; Women’s Day and health; World Breast Feeding day; Nutrition week; Children’s Day and health; noise awareness; AIDS awareness program; Eye donation and Optometry Day (OCULUS); Dengue Awareness; Cancer Awareness; Pulse Polio, Oral Hygiene Day; World Kidney Day.
- Extension Activity
Camps Multi Specialty Screening & Diagnostic Camp
- The university has adopted an approach to reach to doorstep of community to provide preventive and curative Health and Medical services to community. The University organizes multi specialty medical checkup camps in small towns of Gujarat and MP to provide clinical & diagnostic service for underprivileged and the most vulnerable sections of society
- This brings in sense of accountability towards society among the students of the university. With this these camps will develop skills and learning about the society, community, different culture and community livening, group work, leadership etc. In turn this will bring in the sense of responsibility among the students of university developing them to be responsible citizens of country.
- These camps are specialty camps and they include all constitute institution of University i.e. medical, dental and physiotherapy. During last five years university has organized 1618 such camps providing services to nearly 1, 25,860 individuals.
Partnership in National health Program
- Visit to Community Health Center: This program is in collaboration with Health and Family Welfare department, Government of Gujarat. Under this scheme Faculty and Post Graduate student of various specialty visit community health center on fixed day during OPD hours to provide services. The specialty, day and centers are fixed mutually by local Health officials and the university ISR cell.
- Participation in the Government of Gujarat sponsored Health Insurance Scheme called MA and Ma Vastalya Yojna to provide tertiary care services including hi-tech, expensive operations for Below Poverty Line (BPL) population since year 2012.
- Participation in the Government of India sponsored Health Insurance Scheme called Rashtriya Swastha Bima Yojna (RSBY) to provide tertiary care services including hi-tech, expensive operations for Below Poverty Line (BPL) population since year 2012.
- Participation in Government Public Private Partnership program to provide free of cost maternal, newborn and infant care services of tertiary care level.
- Training programs: Facility based IMNCI training center is being established at Medical college hospital in collaboration with Dept. of Health & FW, Govt. of Gujarat since year 2016.
Rural Health Training Center
- As University mainly runs Educational Program related to Medical Education and allied services.
- Most courses have extension program incorporated as part of the field practices at Urban Health Centers (UHC) and Rural Health training Centers (RHTC). These are utilized as training program for the postgraduates who are posted regularly at these centers and are included in their academic curriculum. Interns are also posted on rotational basis in health centers as a part of rural and urban health postings for Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship. Undergraduate and postgraduates students of MBBS / BDS, Nursing, Physiotherapy & Allied Health Sciences, are taken for field work in the community as a part of their training.
- The university runs a dedicated Rural Health Centre has been established at Bhardarpur Village providing both outpatient and inpatient services, besides training for Medical, Dental, Physiotherapy and nursing students.