- Institutional Level Activities
Free Treatment of Patients
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth has provided Medical Services at discount rates to non affording on OPD IPD Consultation, Bed/Room, Investigation/Procedure/OT charges amounting to Rs. 554.51 lakhs. All indoor patients are provided Free Food as per the direction of nutritional requirement.
- As part of social responsibility Institution provides support to needy school going children in kind by providing them free School uniform as per the requirements to government primary school, pipriya students. This bring scene of belongingness, equality discipline etc. This also brings the sense of identity with institution.
Day observations of Different day of National Importance
- The other approach Institution has adopted to engage faculty and students is celebrating different day of National importance at Institutional and community level. Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Always celebrates 15th August “The Independence Day” and 26th January “The Republic Day”.
Celebration of different day of Public Health Importance
- Awareness programs: SVDU and its various faculties routinely conduct these programs at Community, Institution, and Faculty or at Department level during the year. Some illustration are as under
- World TB day; World Asthma Day; World No Tobacco Day; World Health day; World Heart day; World Mental – Health day; COPD day; Women’s Day and health; World Breast Feeding day; Nutrition week; Children’s Day and health; noise awareness; AIDS awareness program; Eye donation and Optometry Day (OCULUS); Dengue Awareness; Cancer Awareness; Pulse Polio, Oral Hygiene Day; World Kidney Day.
- Extension Activity
Camps: Multi Specialty Screening & Diagnostic Camp
- The Institution has adopted an approach to reach to doorstep of community to provide preventive and curative Health and Medical services to community. They organizes multi specialty medical checkup camps in small towns of Gujarat and MP to provide clinical & diagnostic service for underprivileged and the most vulnerable sections of society
- This brings in sense of accountability towards society among the students of the Institution. These camps will develop skills and learning about the Society, Community, different Culture and Community livening, group work, leadership etc. In turn this will bring in the sense of responsibility among the students of Institution developing them to be responsible citizens of country.
- These camps are speciality camps and they include all constitute institutes of Sumandeep Vidyapeeth i.e. Medical, Dental and Physiotherapy. During last five years Institution has organized 1618 such camps providing services to nearly 1,25,860 individuals.
Partnership in National healthProgram
- Visit to Community Health Center: This program is in collaboration with Health and Family Welfare department, Government of Gujarat. Under this scheme Faculty and Post Graduate student of various speciality visit community health center on fixed day during OPD hours to provide services. The speciality, day and centers are fixed mutually by local Health officials and the Institutional ISR cell.
- Participation in the Government of Gujarat sponsored Health Insurance Scheme called MA and Ma Vatsalya Yojna to provide tertiary care services including hi-tech, expensive operations for Below Poverty Line (BPL) population since year 2012.
- Participation in the Government of India sponsored Health Insurance Scheme called Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY) to provide tertiary care services including hi-tech, expensive operations for Below Poverty Line (BPL) population since year 2012.
- Participation in Government Public Private Partnership program to provide free of cost maternal, newborn and infant care services of tertiary care level.
- Training programs: Facility based IMNCI training center is being established at Medical college hospital in collaboration with Dept. of Health & FW, Govt. of Gujarat since year 2016.
Rural Health Training Center
- As Institution mainly runs Educational Program related to Medical Education and allied services, most courses have extension program incorporated as part of the field practices at Urban Health Centers (UHC) and Rural Health training Centers (RHTC). These are utilized as training program for the postgraduates who are posted regularly at these centers and are included in their academic curriculum. Interns are also posted on rotational basis in health centers as a part of rural and urban health postings for Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship. Undergraduate and postgraduates students of MBBS / BDS, Nursing, Physiotherapy & Allied Health Sciences, are taken for field work in the community as a part of their training.
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth runs a dedicated Rural Health Centre has been established at Bahadarpur Village providing both outpatient and inpatient services, besides training for Medical, Dental, Physiotherapy and Nursing students.